Saturday, September 24, 2016
Bone Creek is planning its first fundraiser dinner event as part in parcel of CORN, one of the year’s biggest exhibitions at the museum. This is will be a unique art and dining experience you won’t want to miss. Plan to enjoy your creativity, amazing wines from Nissen Winery and live music as you mingle among the cornstalks.
The event will begin at 3:00pm at the Bone Creek Museum with an exclusive preview viewing of the CORN exhibition. You will meet the most intriguing “ladies of the corn” in the United States, and have a chance to get the first glimpse of their works. Guests will then caravan to District 10, a one-room school house converted into a social gathering place in Linwood. Enjoy at cocktail hour at 5:00pm with wine tasting with a pro from Nissen’s winery. Next, venture to the tent for a farm-to-table style dinner catered by the Railcar, an Omaha hot spot, owned and operated by David City native Jared Clarke. Dinner begins around 6:00pm. In the spirit of this event, you are invited to share your own creative corn side dish. Check out recipe ideas on our Pinterest page.
Tickets are $65 each, or $120 per couple and can be purchased below, at the museum, or by calling 402-367-4488.
Your ticket includes:
- Dinner and one complimentary drink ticket for beer or wine
- Music by Joe Cockson
- One-of-a-kind clay corn plate handmade by artist Cathi Schwalbe (valued at more than half of the ticket)
- Make your own wax art piece with found natural objects around the property at the corn and wax station with artist Margaret Berry
- Enjoy the poetry of some of Nebraska’s most famous poets
- Silent art auction of original art
- Site specific art installation made by our CORN artists just for this event
This is truly a unique opportunity to enjoy a night of art, food, wine and entertainment amongst the beauty of rural Butler County Nebraska while also supporting the efforts of the Bone Creek Museum… the only museum in the country dedicated solely to promoting agrarian art forms, and connecting people to the land.
Seating is limited. Call today.